Tuesday 8 December 2009

After spending a few hours in Coventry, I took a bus to Stratford-Upon-Avon, which is around an hour and a half, in order to see another church. SUA is also where Shakespeare was born, so there's a little section of town where is house if preserved that's dedicated to him. The town is really cute, but not all that impressive, especially since it's the home of one of literature's greatest contributors. In any case, I only spent about two hours there before I had to catch another bus back to Coventry in order to catch my train home.
On the way from the bus stop to the train station I got lost, and being in a strange town in the dark with no idea where I'm going is never fun. I got there eventually, though, and even caught an earlier train, so I got home about an hour before I thought I would. My shoes, however, are completely done. The left one has received some sort of puncture wound on the heel that goes all the way through, meaning that any water that would be repelled by the water-proofing spray on it is simply absorbed through the bottom, soaking my entire foot. My plan is to buy some cheap ones to hold me over for the next week tomorrow, because I really can't have shoes like that in the rainiest city of the rainiest country in the world.
Almost the whole weekend was spent in transit, but it was still really fun. But I didn't even know how tired I was until I actually went to bed and didn't wake up until after noon on Sunday. It was rough. It's weird to think that, in thirteen days, I'm going to be heading home. I had put that god-awful flight in so far out of my mind that I forgot about it, and now I'm having flashbacks and getting nervous for the return.
In any case, here's some pictures from Stratford-Upon-Avon. The first is of Shakespeare's birthplace, the two of the church I came there to see, and two more just of things in the center of town.

No comments:

Post a Comment