Tuesday 8 December 2009

Alright, I split up the past week into four entries, because it's easier to put up pictures when there's less text to work around. This and the three entries below it are about the past Thursday through Sunday. Nothing interesting happened in the rest of the week before then.
On Thursday, I went to Oxford, and from there went to South Leigh. Before that, though, I just wandered around the city center and took pictures of all the colleges. Oxford is seriously full of colleges, and they're all amazing to look at. I then went to the University Church of St. Mary the Virgin, which has a very high tower that gives pretty good views of the city. It was after going up the tower that I took the bus to South Leigh, and there's more information about that in the next entry.
After I got back from South Leigh, there was still a bit of daylight left (I got to Oxford around 9 in order to make sure I got see everything before it got dark at 5) so I went to Christ Church. This is where parts of Harry Potter were filmed, and it's a really pretty place, though not as impressive as I was told.
I really enjoyed Oxford, but there isn't a whole lot to say about it, because all I really did there was walk around and take pictures. Plus, nothing terrible happened to me, so it was almost boring in comparison to some of my other outings. South Leigh was amusing, but Oxford was just really pretty. Also really cold. I think this was one of the coldest days that I've been traveling on.
This entry's really lame, partially because it's the last one I'm writing and it's late here in England right now. I'm sorry. The others are good, though, I promise. Here's some pictures of Oxford. This first is of St. Mary the Virgin, and the next three are views from the church's tower (I don't really know what of, but it's pretty). The next three are from around Christ Church, and then there's two more just of the city itself, and the last one is of Oxford's oldest building. Sorry I don't have a better picture of it, but I just remembered it on my way back to the train station to go home.










No comments:

Post a Comment