Wednesday 18 November 2009

So, it's again been far too long since I last updated. Sorry. I acutally have been doing things with my time, though.
This stuff is from two weeks ago.

Thursday I went to the nearby Brandon Park, which was beautiful, and saw Cabot Tower. I don't really know what Cabot Tower was for in the past, but I do know that you used to be allowed to climb to the top of it until about a year ago when they started working on some structural damage. It was still interesting to see. Here are a few pictures of the park and tower:








Friday night I went with a group to the Bridgwater Carnival, which was celebrating Guy Fawkes Day. Other than the fact that it wasn't actually a carnival but a parade, this was seriously one of the coolest things I've ever seen. The floats were massive, covered in lights, blasting music, and people were dancing around on them. Of course it was raining, and my fingers were pretty much numb by the end of the night, but it was worth it. The parade is so massive that it takes three hours for it to completely pass any given spot on the route. Here are a few pictures. The first is depicting Fawkes' plot (note the barrels of explosives around the bottom of the float), and the other two are just random.


Saturday was very low key, since I was tired from the carnival, and on Sunday, I went to see the Airborne Toxic Event in concert, which was awesome.
On the following Monday (that is, Monday of last week) Ruth came by to visit for a week from Russia. I'll talk about that a little later, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment