Saturday 21 November 2009

Right, so after I dropped Ruth off at the bus station, I had a little bit of time to myself before I headed off with a group of friends to Cardiff. It was an afternoon trip, so all we got see was the castle before it got dark, but it was still a really nice trip.
Sunday I walked to the Bristol Blue Glass factory, which is on the outskirts of town. It took around an hour, but it was one of the only really nice days I've seen in England so far, so I was happy to be outside. Oh yeah, my umbrella broke under the force of the wind and rain on my way back from the bus station last Saturday, so I'm now on the lookout for a new one. It was really embarrassing.
The factory itself wasn't all that impressive (it's blown glass, if you went to elementary school in Ohio you probably took a field trip to see it done), but apparently this stuff is somewhat famous, so I picked up a few pieces to bring home.
The rest of this week hasn't been too eventful, unfortunately, but hopefully next week I'll get to make a few trips and see some sights (churches and castles, because that's seriously all they have around here).
In any case, here are some pictures from Cardiff Castle. I honestly don't know what all the different buildings are, but any pictures you see taken indoors are inside of the white building with the pointy tower. To be a good tourist I should probably read some of those informational plaques they put out, but I always forget about them. Oh, and the last picture is of the outside of the castle after dark, when they turn on the Christmas lights. Very pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment