Saturday 3 October 2009

As Promised, Part 2

Now, here are a few more picture, this time from around my dorm. I didn't take a picture of the dorm itself, though I don't really know why. In any case, here's a photo from the school's website:



It looks a little plain in comparison to the other buildings of the campus, but it's not bad. The inside is alright, too, although the rooms are really plain. Even more so than regular dorm rooms somehow.






This church is across the street from my dorm, which would be behind you if you were standing the way the picture above was taken. I've never been in it, but it seems fairly college friendly, as they allowed the school to host a BBQ on their front yard the other day.





This is the view from outside my bedroom window, and this building is located to your left if you're using that first picture again. It's the student union building, and a lot of planned activities go on in there, such as the Fresher's Fair, which was just held this past Thursday and Friday. It's a fair where all the school's clubs come to promote themselves, and it takes up four of the building five floors. There's also a bar, which is what those umbrella tables are for. Sometimes it gets pretty noisy over there at night, and I've more than once put up with drunken singing as people left at closing time.


This apartment building is a little ways down the street, and it just makes me laugh because it's called Buckingham Place, as opposed to Buckingham Palace. It's hard to tell from this picture, but it's not in the best shape.
That's all picture-wise for now, but I will probably give an update on what I've actually been up to either tonight or tomorrow. It's been stormy all day today, so I don't have much else to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment