Saturday 3 October 2009

As Promised, Part 1

Here are some picture from around my campus:



This is a view of the street my dorm in on. As you can see, everything slopes downward, rather drastically. Everything of interest, including food, entertainment, and shopping, is located at the bottom of this hill. It's a pain, but hopefully I'll get into shape with all this walking uphill every day. The school is also at the bottom of this hill, and up another one. It takes about ten to fifteen minutes to walk from my dorm to the street where all my classes are located.


This is main building on campus, but only people who study law really have any business going in it. There's a big fountain in front of it, but I took the picture from a distance so that I could get in the statue of the gunman on the far right. He's standing at attention with his rifle pointing straight out at incoming traffic. I have no idea why. There's also a statue in the fountain in front of the law building, but I don't know who that is, either. Skater kids use the stairs of that building and the area around the fountain to do tricks on most afternoons.


This is the building that houses the English department, and where I'm going to have one of my classes. The whole street is lined with houses like this, and all of them house classrooms and offices. The insides all look like normal school buildings, but I really like that the outsides are so pretty. Also, all of the building on this street are connected with glass-enclosed walkways. Most of them are hidden around the backs of the building by landscaping, but some of them are visible from the street.



The ones you can see from the street are really decorative and pretty.



These are just some more buildings on the street that house different departments. They're all obviously quite old, and I think that most of them were townhouses at one point judging from the sizes of some of the rooms. The rooms they use for classes have all been revamped and look just like normal classrooms, but the offices still look like old sitting rooms and things like that.



This isn't a part of the university at all, it's a grammar school that's on a nearby street. I just think that it looks amazing. The kids who go there all wear uniforms, and we usually see a lot of them walking home around 3 or 4. I hope they realize how lucky they are to have such a nice looking school building.

These are just more building that are a part of the university. I don't really know what they are or what goes on in them, I just pass them while I'm walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment